Sunday, January 10, 2010

Vow Do You Do?

I have discovered my New Year's Resolution. For the entire year of 2010-2011 (Twenty-Ten, Two Thousand and Ten?) I vow to wear, everyday, at least one piece of clothing that has been purchased at a thrift store. Whether it be to class, work, the mall, or visiting family, I will be donning a thrift -store -purchased- piece- of -clothing (say that 3x's fast). "Why?" you ask. Why not? Through this resolution I will be triumphing multiple resolutions. "How?" you ask. Money donated through Goodwill purchases is used to, " help fund job training programs, employment placement services and other community-based programs for people who have disabilities, lack education or job experience, or face employment challenges." This year I will be donating to charity, serving the community, shopping wisely, saving money, and looking good doing it! :) Sounds like one productive year to me.



Day 1
January 10, 2009
Destination - Church
Thrift Store Items - 3

*Because of the cold weather, I added a scarf to the attire.


Bellini Heels, Dark Blue Snake Skin – $40
Goodwill – $4.38


White Stag Khaki Skirt – $15.00
Goodwill – $3.38


Express Cotton Dress Shirt - $50
Goodwill – 3.38

Total Original Price – $105

Total Goodwill Price – $11.06


Total Saved – $93.94


(original prices are an approximation based on current items found on each brand's website)

1 down, 364 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment