Friday, January 6, 2012

Oh Brother, New Sewing Projects!

My latest hobby? Sewing! I absolutely love sewing with my Brother sewing machine. It was a recent birthday gift and I have not been able to stop the pedal! 
It's been a while since I have sewn [took a sewing class in high school] so I want to start out with basic sewing projects. My first projects include sewing hot pads. The hot pads pictured below are made from material purchased at Walmart and are filled with cotton batting. 

Practice makes perfect! 

I am in love with owls and they happen to be one of the Kappa [my sorority] symbols. The adorable feathered creatures inspired these decorative pillows. Aren't they a hoot?


I cut and used old decorative pillows from my bedroom to construct this little hoot. The original decorative pillows for my room were made out of napkins and place mats I purchased at the local Dollar Store. Napkins + Place mats = Decorative Pillows =   A Cut Owl Pillow!


I cut the material and left the edges raw for a rustic and natural look. 



The second pillow is quite startled to see you!


This little guy is made from material remnants. His eyes and a beak made out of felt and button embellishments.

Thank you for supporting Java Journal. Hope you enjoyed this post :)

Happy Sewing & God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment